Just like the Verizon models, the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900A) also has a locked bootloader, since both of them are good when it comes to locking a device. Although the bootloader is locked, we believe, one day there will be a way to outsmart it, and then we will see many mods or custom ROMs designed for this smartphone, as it did on its predecessor the Galaxy S4. To avoid a worst thing that could happen, you need to find out how to unroot and restore the AT&T Galaxy S5 back to stock with Odin.
If you are only experiencing minor problems like the app is not responding or it becomes laggy, then simply execute a factory reset, then it will resolve your problem. In case your problem turns into more serious issues like bootloops or stuck in the boot logo, then you can depend on Odin to flash your AT&T Galaxy S5 back to stock and unrooted.
This method will allow you to get rid of all the modification you have made, including the root or installed custom ROM, and it will be swapped out with the stock official firmware, not only the phone’s settings that will be dropped, entire contents that are stored in the internal memory will be gone. For that reason, please, backup your entire essential files to the PC or cloud storage like Dropbox. However, there’s a single thing that cannot be reclaimed – KNOX counter that you can notice when your phone is in download mode. Once tripped to 0x1 or higher, there’s no way to return it to 0x0.
- A desktop or laptop computer running Windows OS (XP, Win7, Win8.1 or newer).
- Set up the most recent version of Samsung Galaxy S5 USB Drivers.
- An Odin flash tool, the most up-to-date version is v.3.09 at the moment, but the v.3.07 is the most commonly used version.
- An AT&T Galaxy S5 stock shipped firmware, this smartphone model number is SM-G900A.
- An OEM USB cable, do not employ a lousy cable, sometimes it’s unstable and could interrupt Odin process.
- Recharge your battery, more than 50%.
Easy unroot and restore AT&T Galaxy S5 (SM-G900A) back to stock with Odin
- Commonly a firmware file packaged into a zip or rar format, we have to extract it until you find a file with “.tar.md5” extension.
- Run the Odin by double-clicking file, choose between Odin3-v3.07.exe or Odin3-v3.09.exe, but an older version should work too.
- Now, we need to put the AT&T Galaxy S5 into download mode, firstly, turn it off, once totally powered down, then press and hold this magic key combination (Vol down + Home + Power). You’ll get a warning screen, decide to continue.
- Hook up the phone to the PC through USB cable. At this point, Odin should discover your device, otherwise there’s should be an issue with the drivers.
- Immediately after the Odin window shows up, hit “PDA” button (on Odin v.3.09 it changes to “AP”) and try to find a “.tar.md5” from step 1.
- Look at Option spot, make certain only two options are marked (F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot).
- Once all requirements and steps have been satisfied, then click the “Start” button, flashing the AT&T Galaxy 5 (SM-G900A) back to stock and unroot with Odin should done in minutes, but never ever stop or force close the window or your device will be bricked.
- When the Odin shows a PASS then reboot, now your device is running stock official firmware and unrooted.