For LG fanboys, especially for those who reside in the U.S., July is the month that is excitedly awaited since it coincided with the release of the new flagship phone, the LG G3 together with several major carriers – Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint. Many people are saying that this smartphone could be a Samsung Galaxy S5 killer, as the specs and features are greater and innovative. FYI, the LG G3 sports a 2.5 GHz quad-core CPU, 3GB of RAM, 5.5 inches True-HD display (~ 534 ppi pixel density).
With the awesome specs and innovative features, you can do lots of things with this smartphone, however, you can do more if you have root access on the AT&T LG G3 (D850). Many things you can do when rooted are removing bloatware, full app backup, even more tweaks with Xposed Framework and its modules like G3 TweaksBox that could add dozens new feature and disable many stock settings.
The root on AT&T LG G3 (D850) has been successfully obtained by using TowelRoot app. We should thank Geohot from xda, who develop this app and regularly update it, to make it compatible with more android devices. Using the towel app is pretty easy, but for those who never try it before, you can follow the basic guide we had written below:
- AT&T variants of LG G3 running official software Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
- Grab the most recent of towelroot installer, you can try to get it from a computer, in case you failed, download it from your phone.
- Install SuperSU – a superuser privilege management app.
- Enable Unknown resources on Settings -> Security, it’s required prior to installing the towel app.
Easy one-click root for AT&T LG G3 (D850) with towelroot app by geohot
- Install the towel app (tr.apk) that you’ve downloaded earlier, make sure you are using version 3 or later.
- After the app correctly installed, just run it. You will only see a “make it ra1n” button there, just tap it.
- The app will make an attempt to elevate privileges on your phone.
- Once the superuser privileges successfully gained, now open the SuperSU app, it will try to setup su binaries for your phone.
- When the su installation completed, your AT&T LG G3 should rooted now, and ready to be modified as per your wishes.