The VZW Samsung Galaxy Legend (SCH-I200PP) is a budget phone that’s available on Verizon Wireless Prepaid plans with a very affordable price, only $83.99 full retail price. Even though the price is inexpensive, but it has great performance and the hardware spec aren’t too bad, like a 1.2GHz dual core processor, 1GB of RAM and a 4 inch display and running – not too outdated – Andoid 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
With a very affordable price makes this device can be owned by anyone, including for enthusiasts who have a passion to mods their Android smartphone, since today we can root Verizon Galaxy Legend (SCH-I200PP) by utilizing uncomplicated one click tool desktop app – Cydia Impactor.
The exploits will attempt to inject SuperSU’s su file to the system so that in the end, we can get root access, this tool is not a new thing, lots of folks using this tool for their smartphones, including the Moto X and the new Verizon DROID MAXX / Ultra / Mini. Here is a step by step on how to make our VZW Galaxy Legend has root privileges by using Cydia Impactor.
- Grab Galaxy Legend USB drivers or just install Samsung KIES.
- A Windows, Mac OS X or Linux computer. In this tutorial we are using the Windows version.
- Go to phone Settings > Developer options > check USB Debugging.
- Get the Cydia Impactor exploit from its official site.
Verizon Samsung Galaxy Legend root by using one click Cydia Impactor
- Connect the phone to the computer via USB cable.
- Extract the Cydia package, you’ll find several files there, double click the executable file (Impactor.exe).
- On dropdown option, choose “# drop SuperSU su to /system/xbin/su” then hit start.
- Once done, you’ll see a new app titled SuperSU installed on your phone. Open the app and finish the su installation.