The most anticipated LG Knock Code feature has come to AT&T variant of LG G2 (D800) with D80020u software (Android 4.4.2 KitKat). If you have this phone, you should be proud, as in the U.S. the AT&T models were the first G2 which gets the Knock Code security feature after the International models. The update is available via OTA, so you should get it today, otherwise, you can try to manually check the update via Settings. There’s a little notice for rooted users, after applying the D80020u update for AT&T LG G2, root access will be dropped.
The main reason of the 20u release is to enable the Code Knock security on this phone, additionally it also brings enhancements to the Calendar and Exchange Active Sync (EAS). For those who are unfamiliar with Knock Code, it is a new security feature from LG which allows you to wake and unlock your phone by simply tapping on the screen a few times, and it’s performed when the phone screen is turned off, so no reason to press the power button again to wake up.
Also read: Louder volume via speakers, bluetooth, headset for LG G2.
Luckily, this device has an active development, so we have no reason to worry about losing superuser after receiving the OTA update. We must say thanks to autoprime – an xda developer which regularly updates his IOroot script. Because of him, now we can regain root on D80020u for AT&T LG G2.
- AT&T models of LG G2 (D800) smartphone running latest 20u software version from OTA.
- Grab the IOroot script by autoprime, tested on version 25r1.
- The most recent version of LG United Mobile Drivers installed on your PC.
- An original LG USB cable that comes with your phone.
- Enable USB debugging on phone’s settings.
Table of Contents
Easily root D80020u software for AT&T LG G2 – Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Extract the ioroot_25r1.zip into a new folder, you’ll find a lot of files.
- Connect your G2 to the computer via USB, make sure it detected.
- Look for root.bat and double-click it, for Mac and Linux users run the root.sh via terminal.
- Once the IOroot window popped, just press any key to continue, it will send a command to boot your phone into recovery mode.
- On phone recovery mode, choose “apply update from ADB”. You’ll see, Now send the package you want to apply to the device with “adb sideload “.
- Press Enter/Return on your keyboard on IOroot window. You can also run the adb sideload command manually, when the script isn’t work for you.
- Reboot your phone. Once boots up run the SuperSU app and let it setup su binaries for the first time, your AT&T LG G2 runs D80020u should rooted now.