Verizon variants of Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900V) have been updated to the official KitKat – Android 4.4.2 (N900VVRUCNC4) last month. We are sure all the owners badly want the most recent Android OS running on their devices, but some of them are still afraid to accomplish the update, one reason is the inability to regain root privileges after upgraded to the NC4 KitKat software. The reason itself isn’t wrong, considering that almost every new software update comes with a patch or a new bootloader that will block any root attempts.
However, the KitKat update brings a huge change from the previous Android version, so it’s a pity to pass up. It’s features restyled status and navigation bar with simplified icons, Bluetooth enhancements, phone dialer UI improvements, better stock keyboard, new lock screen access (media control and camera shortcut), and even more.
If you are one of those who decided to put off updating your Verizon Galaxy Note 3 to the official KitKat (NC4) due to root, now you should change your mind, since a new method has come without tripping Knox counter (remain 0×0). Geohot – a recognized developer from xda has ‘throwing a party’, he successfully built a magic root app called TowelRoot, the name sounds weird, but, it works.
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900V) running official NC4 KitKat update.
- Since it will install non Play Store app, you need to enable Unknown sources on Settings.
- Get the TowelRoot app by geohot here.
- Download the most recent SuperSU app.
Root N900VVRUCNC4 software for VZW Galaxy Note 3 by using TowelRoot
- Install the towelroot installer (tr.apk) on your phone.
- Run the it from the app drawer, there’s only one button, just tap on it to start.
- The rooting procedure should begin, wait a while until your phone reboots on its own.
- After the phone wake up, now install SuperSU from Play Store, but make sure the version is v1.99r4 or newer, otherwise, download the flashable SuperSU, unzip it then grab the Superuser.apk from common folder.
- Run run the SuperSU app, let it set up su binaries for the first time. Once done, your Verizon Note 3 runs NC4 should rooted now.