Undoubtedly, the new LG flagship phone – the LG G3 is the best smartphone right now, since it comes with better hardware and impressive new features, the phone also has a beautiful flat-look UI (User Interface), which we think it’s more beautiful when compared to Samsung TouchWiz or HTC Sense. But since everybody’s taste are different, not everyone was satisfied with the new LG UI, and some also want a couple of tweaks to accommodate their needs.
One of the must-have requirements to tweak several stock features is root access, with superuser privileges you will have more opportunities to customize the UI and even the phone’s functionality, such as resize the navigation bar, change the status bar color and icon sets or also enable call recording.
Currently we can do a lot of mods on this new released LG G3, thanks to Xposed Framework by Rovo89 and G3 TweaksBox module by P_Toti, so that we can tweak our phone much easier and a lot quicker. The Xposed and G3 TweaksBox module will allow us to modify our LG G3 software without altering apps, so we do not need a custom recovery to flash the mods, everything can be activated with just a click.
All in One LG G3 Mods with G3 TweaksBox
The G3 TweaksBox has dozens of tweaks so far, which you can use to get the most out of your G3, the following are some of the things that can be customized with this module, but not limited to, the:
- Status Bar – change icon, colors, circle battery.
- Navigation Bar – resize, add more button, replace Q Memo.
- Ring Pad – add more apps.
- Notification Panel – blurred, change or remove carrier text.
- Quick Setting Panel – change color, add brightness tile.
- Recent App – clear button (AOSP), RAM usage info.
- Call – auto call recording, noise reductions.
- Lock screen – quickunlock, rotation, etc.
- Camera – disable sounds when taking video, camera focus and shutter.
- LED – change default color for missed and incoming calls or messages.
- Misc – disable full screen keyboard, add screenshot, torch and restart to power menu.
For those who new to Xposed Framework and its modules, here we give a quick guide to install it on our LG G3.
- Download and install the latest version of Xposed Installer from (*.apk).
- Once done, open the Xposed and tap the “Framework” section, look for “Install/Update” button, and tap on it, if you notice superuser request just allow it. When the installation successful, restart your phone.
- Grab the G3 TweaksBox module by P_Toti on Play Store.
- Open the Xposed again, head to “Module” section, then enable the G3 TweaksBox, another reboot is required.
- Now open the app and select one or multiple mod you desire, another reboot might required after enable or disable a tweak.