One of the greatest things about owning a smartphone is that it’s dynamic. While the physical device itself doesn’t change, you have total control over the technology inside. Whether you want your phone to serve practical purposes, be a source of entertainment, or hold thousands of books, podcasts, and educational resources – it’s totally your call.
Table of Contents
Try These 6 New Apps
Research shows the average smartphone user spends roughly 3 hours and 10 minutes per day using their device. Roughly 90 percent of this time is spent using apps.
The average smartphone user has 80 apps installed on their device at any given time. The question is, which apps do you have qr installed? And are they a net positive or negative in your life?
Here are several new apps you can install on your smartphone to turn your phone into a powerful device that adds value to your daily life.
- Wordlook. Tired of playing pointless games on your phone that require zero skill and provide no challenge? Well, you might want to give Wordlook Word Puzzle Games a try. This free game is easy to learn, but challenging to master. Users are tasked with selecting letters in the correct order to form hidden word matches. Pair up colors from each letter block and find the right word!
Wordlook is an attractive game for a couple of reasons. First, it’s a lot of fun. While challenging, there’s definitely some skill involved. Once you learn how the game works, you’ll quickly become addicted. Secondly, the game pushes you. It’s basically a cognitive training game that forces you to think creatively.
- Opera Touch. Chances are, you’re already married to an internet browser on your phone. Whether it’s Chrome, Firefox, or Safari, you have your favorite. But if you’re willing to look around, Opera Touch is a great alternative.
Features of Opera Touch include: qr code and barcode scanning/searching; the ability to send searches and links to other devices via “Flow;” simple tab management; and the “Fast Action Button” interface that lets you operate the entire app with a single thumb.
- Pocket Casts. Podcasts have never been more popular. And if there’s one podcasting app that’s absolutely killing it right now (in a good way), it’s Pocket Casts. The developers just recently designed the entire app, refreshing both the look and the interface. You can play episodes with or without subscribing, quickly run episode searches, set up playlists, view your listening history, archive episodes, and more.
- Weather Up. Looking for accurate and current weather conditions that you can use to plan your day around? Weather Up is one of the best weather apps around. It lets you quickly check the weather in any location and gain access to event forecasts, hourly forecasts, 10-day forecasts, and live weather maps and radars (including clouds and precipitation). There’s also a customizable notification center that you can tailor to your specific needs.
- Wisdom. This is a really neat app that allows people to have engaging conversations around topics that matter. Using cutting edge AI, you can find and converse with your peers (as well as experts) on topics like parenting, finance, technology, business, relationships, and dozens of other topics. It’s an audio-first, hands-free “safe space” where you can engage with topics that matter. The app is extremely intuitive and the interface is beautiful. It’s a refreshing pivot from the toxic environment that is most social media platforms.
- Atmosphere. Do you have trouble falling asleep? Do you work from home where you have to deal with noisy toddlers? Do you find it difficult to doze off when your neighbor’s dog barks late at night? Need to be more productive in spite of your noisy cubicle mate? The Atmosphere app allows you to enjoy a variety of relaxing and soothing sounds for a variety of different environments. This includes white noise, brown noise, binaural beats, isochronic beats, nature sounds, and more.
Atmosphere has been downloaded more than 1 million times and is free (though there are some premium upgrades for purchase within the app). It’s arguably the best white noise app on the market!
Transform Your Smartphone
The great thing about the mobile app marketplace is that there’s a continual flow of new apps and options to choose from. By staying up to date on new releases, you can keep your phone fresh and useful!