After available on the market a few days ago, the Verizon Droid HD RAZR (XT926) and Droid RAZR Maxx HD have managed to obtain root access, as well as its international version – Motorola RAZR HD (XT925). So it’s not necessary to buy a developer device to achieve root access, since root access can also be obtained on a phone with a locked bootloader.
To achieve this we just need to download and run the exploit scripts, many folks successfully rooted in less than a minute. Thanks to a superb developer with username djrbliss (Dan J. Rosenberg) from xda who find the way and built the root exploit for new RAZR family, Atrix HD and Photon Q.
Table of Contents
Smart way to root Droid RAZR HD and RAZR Maxx HD (XT926/XT925)
- Make sure USB Debugging has been enabled, to verify go to Settings > Developers options.
- If you have never link the phone to the PC via USB before, you need to download the Motorola adb drivers, make sure you download the proper drivers for your PC architecture, 32bit or 64bit.
- Download Motofail2Go exploit script from djrbliss’s site here (Mediafire mirror).
- Extract the exploit files on your PC/laptop.
- Find and double-click the file called “run.bat”, which is a Windows Batch File.
- MotoFail2Go Exploit by djrbliss
- The root exploit window will appear, to begin the process press any keys, don’t forget to pay attention and follow every guide that displayed on your computer.
- When successful, you will get root access and new application titled Superuser. To verify root, try to download MyBackup Pro or Titanium Backup app.
- I have downloaded the drivers and connecting the phone via USB but still got the error message “waiting for device …” ? You forgot to enable USB debugging, look at step number 1.
- Root unknown package
- I get an error message “run-as: Package ‘com.motorola.bug2go’ is unknown” when running the root exploit script ? Your Droid RAZR HD’s data and cache partition need to be wiped by performing factory reset, but remember to backup all your important data.