Although it was just released by Verizon Wireless recently, but now we’re possible to root Motorola Droid Razr M. We should thank to Dan J. Rosenberg (@djrbliss), a talented developer who give us root access on some of the latest Motorola Android-powered devices including XT907. He built a root exploit known as MotoFail2Go, the good thing is this exploit not only for the Developer Edition device, you can also it for retail Droid Razr M with ICS or Jelly Bean firmware. After acquiring root access we can remove some of unnecessary bloatware apps, backup installed apps + data, and may also manage to save the phone battery life.
The simple way to root Verizon Droid Razr M (XT907)
- Enable USB Debugging on Settings > Developer options.
- Download the latest Motorola adb drivers from the Moto official site.
- Extract the zip file on your Windows PC.
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB cable.
- MotoFail2Go Exploit
- Open motofail2go folder, then execute “run.bat” by double-click on it, a windows command prompt will show up, follow the guidelines carefully.
- Experiencing “run-as package unknown” error message ? Factory reset your phone first before root.
- Root error unknown package
- After successfully running the exploit, there will be new applications installed on your phone titled Superuser.
- To verify root access you can try to install Titanium Backup or MyBackup Pro from the Google Play Store.
If root exploit executed without error and success, however, you can’t locate Superuser app or the phone can’t obtain root access, it means you have to replace “Superuser.apk” and “su” file before running exploit. Downloadmotofail2go exploit with proper Superuser.apk and su package from aosp.us, and run again starting from step no. 6 above.