The LG Optimus G Pro was designed to compete with other phablet devices that have been popular, like the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, it can be seen from several similar features between the two devices such as QSlide, which gives multi-tasking experience with pop-up window on android smartphones, this feature has similarities with Multi Window feature on Samsung devices, the advantages of Qslide is that you can adjust transparency and resize the pop up window.
To be able to take advantage of this feature, you could find it when you scroll down the notification bar, you can see the QSlide app menu under toggle menu, there you can select multiple apps that you can open, the app that you choose will appear in a pop-up so it does not cover up another app window.
Although it’s very useful, not all users want the existence of QSlide menu in the notification area, thanks to madmac, a dev from xda who build flashable mods to remove or hide the QSlide from LG Optimus G Pro notif area, below is a guide on how to employ the mod on our phones:
- A device with root access is required to be able to set up the mod smoothly.
- Also make sure your device can work with CWM recovery, you can see the CWM installation tutorial here.
- Grab the flashable mod (hide_qslide.zip) from the dev thread here.
- Copy the zip into SD card, then boot into recovery.
- Once enter into the CWM main menu, choose install zip from sdcard and point to the mod file.
- Back to main menu and pick reboot system now.
In case you change your mind and want the QSlide app list back to the LG Optimus G Pro notification area, you can revert it by flashing the “show_qslide.zip” from original dev thread, then complete Step 4 till finished.