Your brand new HTC DROID DNA has 4G SIM card problem, it’s not just you there are other users who experience this issue after using the phone several days. You will notice that there is no network service, which means you won’t be able to receive or make phone calls, text messaging or using the data service. Additionally, there is the chance you will get a notification that the SIM card is locked, “PUK locked, contact customer support” or “No SIM card” error message. We all know, DROID DNA operates on Verizon’s CDMA network for voice or text services, but the 4G LTE network is still using a GSM network, so it still needs a 4G SIM card.
To this day we still have no idea exactly what caused the SIM card error on the HTC DROID DNA, but here are some solutions that you can do in case you get “No SIM card” error:
- Restart/reboot your phone, or try to put it in Airplane mode and return it to normal mode, in some cases, this procedure could make you get the signal back. If the problem returns, perform different solutions.
- Try to turn off your device, pull out the SIM card, insert it again and then turn on the device.
- Change your device’s preferred network to Global, since there are some users who are experiencing SIM card issues after switching preferred network to LTE/CDMA.
- When all solutions above can’t solve the SIM card problem on DROID DNA, it’s the perfect time to go to the Verizon store. The Rep might replace your SIM card with a new one.
- If the problem still occurs even with the new SIM card, replace the device is the last action that you can do.