The world of social media is absolutely massive in terms of who you can reach and sell services or products to, not only can you advertise to people that you may never have been able to reach before you can also target your audiences. Understanding the different platforms and who is most likely to use them is key when deciding to take advantage of the online sales platforms, here is a brief rundown of what is on offer;
Facebook has been around for some time now and although it isn’t the latest of social media platforms, it still holds the top spot for users;
- There are around 79 billion global users
- The majority of users are aged between 25-34
- Roughly 73% of users log in every day
Instagram is mainly used by younger users and is rapidly growing.
- There are over 1 billion users globally
- Around 8% of the users are aged between 18-24
- It is one of the only platforms that uses fun and innovative ways to engage users
Targeted towards professionals, LinkedIn is a platform for networking business people.
- It is anticipated to reach around 70 million monthly users in the U.S. alone by 2022.
- Statistics show that roughly 19% of users are aged between 18-24 and 60% of users are aged between 25-34.
- It is one of the best platforms for generating leads for sales and searching for employees. Search for online marketing services for a complete digital marketing plan that is designed to drive traffic to your website.
The purpose of Pinterest is all about displaying and advertising images and videos.
- It has around 459 million users every month.
- The majority of users are female
- Half of the millennial population uses Pinterest with 47% of those users making a purchase of some kind. Here are a few SEO mistakes to avoid when planning your marketing.
With 2.2 billion monthly users, YouTube is the largest video sharing platform
- Asides from Google, YouTube is the second largest search engine
- 90% of YouTube users have said that they learnt about a new product or service whilst using the platform
- Nearly 70% of people said that they used YouTube videos to help them decide to make a purchase.
And there’s more
There are more social media platforms for you to make use of but this should give you some idea as to why using social media to advertise is so important. If you are not already making use of one or more of the above platforms then you really should seek the help of a social media specialist who can help you market your products or services to the people you need.
There are a lot of resources on the Australian government website about SEO, with powerful online tools that you can use to boost your website’s visibility and social media needs to a major component of your overall online marketing plan.