Just like TMo variants, the Sprint Galaxy S5 (SM-G900P) also comes with an unlocked bootloader, thus making the Chainfire’s CF-Auto-Root method can easily obtain root access on the device. Sprint is known to be more developer friendly, so there are a lot of custom ROMs or mods are made for Sprint-branded devices. Unsurprisingly, then you will often apply a lot of mods or flashing new ROMs every week. That is not a bad, but at least you should know how to unroot and restore your Sprint Galaxy S5 back to stock with Odin or Heimdall. This is very useful if one day you accidentally soft bricked your phone.
If you flashaholic, it’s better to perform a full OS backup, which is usually done through a custom recovery (CWM or TWRP), so if you have problems like bootloops or stuck on Samsung logo you can restore it. But if you don’t have it, then the only way is to flash your Sprint Galaxy S5 (SM-G900P) back to stock with Odin.
This procedure will help you remove all the customization you’ve made, whether it be mods or custom ROM, and it will be replaced with the stock one, not just the setting that will be lost, all your contents that are saved in the internal memory storage will be wiped. Therefore, when possible, backup all your important data to the cloud before executing Odin flash.
Among all the benefits that you will get when you unroot and revert your Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 back to stock, there is one thing that can’t be restored – KNOX WARRANTY VOID. In case your device has been tripped to 0x1 or even more, then you cannot change it or return it to 0x0, at least not for now because no one can do it.
- A Windows PC XP, Win7, Win8.1 or newer, no luck for Linux or Mac OS X users.
- Install the newest version of Samsung Galaxy S5 USB Drivers.
- Odin flash tool, the most recent version is v.3.09 for now, but v.3.07 should work without problems.
- Sprint Galaxy S5 stock firmware, the model number is SM-G900P, use the same firmware version as your own.
- An original Samsung’s USB cable, never use crappy cable, it’s unstable and might be disrupted Odin flashing procedure.
- Ensure the available battery is greater than 50%.
Revert Sprint Galaxy S5 (SM-G900P) back to stock or unbrick with Odin
- If the firmware file bundled in zip format, extract it first until you get a file with “.tar.md5″ extension.
- Double-click the Odin executable file (Odin3-v3.07.exe or Odin3-v3.09.exe).
- Right after the Odin window appears, hit “PDA” button (or “AP” button on Odin v.3.09) and look for the “.tar.md5″ file.
- Connect the phone to the PC via USB cable. Odin should recognize your device now, otherwise disconnect and re-connect the USB.
- At this point, consider checking Option area, be sure only two options are checked (Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time).
- We need to put Galaxy S5 on download mode, first of all, shut it down, once fully turned off, then push and hold the volume down key + Home + Power button for a couple of seconds. When you see a warning screen, opt to continue.
- After all preparation steps have been fulfilled, hit the “Start: button, Odin flas Sprint Galaxy 5 (SM-G900P) back to stock with Odin will last for a few minutes, is a bit long because the firmware file size is large enough. As soon as the Odin shows a PASS message and restart, your Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 is now unrooted and running official stock firmware.